There is a high likelihood that if you crash while you are driving your motorcycle, you face major injuries if not death. After a crash where you have not sustained catastrophic damages, you are probably counting yourself very lucky. Even if you are only experiencing minimal pain, it is easy to ignore it. Should you neglect to have your injuries, no matter how minor examined by a medical professional?
The answer is no. It is always important to have your injuries examined. They may seem minimal at first, but they could set you up for a lifetime of pain and suffering. If your accident was caused by the negligence of another party, your documentation from your appointments for your medical care is crucial to filing a strong personal injury claim where you can obtain the most amount of compensation for your damages. The experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at the Alexander J. Smith Law Offices will review your case and ensure that your best interest is well represented.
After You Are In A Motorcycle Accident In Illinois Or Wisconsin, What Should You Do?
It is natural to feel shocked, shaken, and emotionally distraught after such an intense experience. As with any accident, the more information you have the better and the sooner you respond appropriately the better. Take these steps after an accident:
- Call the police to inspect the accident scene and they will document it with a crash report. The report is important to proving fault.
- Any eyewitnesses that are still at the scene can provide invaluable information so you want to ask them if they would be willing to provide a statement or speak with the police to better clarify all the details. Be sure to obtain their contact information.
- Take photos of the vehicles, the scene, property damages, the environmental conditions, the roadway, debris on the ground and any detail. All of this information is important to prove your account of the accident.
- See a doctor examine your injuries, diagnose them, and provide you with a treatment plan.
- Speak to an Illinois or Wisconsin personal injury attorney about your accident. The legal professionals at the Alexander J. Smith Law Offices will examine your accident experience and offer you options to move forward with a successful personal injury claim that will get you the most compensation possible.
What Are The Most Commonly Reported Injuries With Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents have a wide range of injuries which victims will suffer from such as:
- Back and neck injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Post-traumatic stress disease (PTSD)
- Brain injury
- Internal bleeding
The lawyers at the Alexander J. Smith Law Offices will help you with your personal injury claim and will fight on your behalf so that your legal rights are protected. Call us today to set up a free consultation at (608) 237-7035 for residents of Wisconsin or (815) 243-9686 for residents of Illinois. One of our highly knowledgeable and resourceful Wisconsin and Illinois personal injury attorneys are here to discuss your accident experience with you. We are dedicated to helping victims of accidents see their full legal justice.